Hey guys! This post is going to be a little different from other posts it is actually an UPDATE post. A few weeks ago I told you guys I tried a new concealer the NYX Above
& Beyond Full Coverage Concealer and I did not like it. I was wondering what I was going to do with it now, a whole jar of wasted product. Guess what I found a way to use it! In this look I used it as a eye shadow PRIMER! It is perfect it makes all of the colors really stand out. I guess this is what I will be using from now on until I finish it. I also got the chance to use the Carli Bybel Palette! I could not decide to put the look with a pink lip or a brown lip they both look pretty. Maybe by the end of this post I will have made up my mind.
Let’s start with the EYES! Excuse my handwriting but I think you guys will be able to tell that the numbers are ascending from left to right. After I primed the eyelid with the NYX Above & Beyond concealer I used the eye shadow marked #3 for the base. I then applied #7 to the lid and #10 for the outer corner. I stuck to the browns in the palette. The only shimmer shade I used was #7. It give a little highlight and pop to the eye then it gets calmed by the outside shade of the darker matte browns. I did a light smokey eye. It is not so dark that it can only be worn in the evening hours.
Now for the highlight and LIPS! I used #11 and #12 for highlighters from the Carli Bybel palette. This is not a bronze/tan look so I decided not to use the browner highlighter shades. For the lips I used the Wet N’ Wild silk finish lipstick in the color Will You Be With Me? and outlined my lips with the L.A. Colors Auto Lip liner in the color mauve. After I took a few pictures I decided to experiment with the Pillow Talk lippie stix from Colourpop. Since the eye shadow was brown why not keep the whole look light tones of brown. The brown lip stick still has undertones of pink because I just applied it over the pink slightly glossy lipstick. It made a cool combo. Below are a complete list of ALL the products I used to get this look.
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup (A KAY FAVE)
- Wet N’Wild Coverall Pressed Powder in 824B Light/Medium (featured here)
- Carli Bybel 14 Color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette (featured here)
- NYX Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer in CJ10 Yellow (featured here)
- Carli Bybel 14 Color Eyeshadow & Highighter Palette
- Kleancolor Pixie Jar Pencil Liquid Eyeliner Duo
- Maybelline The Falsies Push-Up Angel Mascara
- L.A. Colors Auto-Lipliner in Mauve (featured here)
- Wet N’ Wild Slk Finish Lipstick in 503C Will You Be With Me?
- Colourpop Lippie Stix Pillow Talk (featured here)
I definitely like the brown lip better than the barbie pink lip. It is a somber look, very brown. Let me know which one you guys like better and what looks & new products you guys want me to try next!