Hey guys! Valentine’s day is right around the corner. Of course you need festive makeup looks for this GRAND holiday of love, caring, red, white, and PINK! I have been toying around with different looks to see which would fit the occasion. Here is the first one!
This look is a very natural and toned down look. This is for the girl who does not like dramatic makeup but still wants to be festive. It is simple but it still seems that you are involved with holiday. You won’t get those annoying questions like “oh where’s your red and pink” or “are you not celebrating this year”? The main attraction of this look are the EYES. I focused a lot on the art of eyes. I used pink and brown to give them a smoky pink look. SHOCKING I did not use black. I felt that the black would be too dramatic for a natural face. I used a champange colored eye shadow in the inner eyes to just give it POP. It did not want it to be boring. I also like GLITTER and it was just enough to draw attention but not too overwhelming. The champange color fades into the pink (which was actually a BLUSH) that then hombres into the brown. I finished it off with a glossy lip. I used a nude toned ultra glossy lip from the Karrueche Tran Colourpop Collection (KaePop) in the color Lychee Me and from Colourpop’s Holiday Collection the ultra glossy lip Nonsense. These two paired together made the perfect natural glossy lip!
For the girl who wants a little more drama and action you can easily add some color with a LIPSTICK or in my case a Colourpop LIPPIE STIX. Colourpop’s Matte X Lippie Stix in the shade Pillow Talk is my favorite matte shade! It is not too nude and not too brown that it looks like you have POOP on your lips LOL (first time using shorthand on this blog, it will not happen often). I added a little lip balm underneath so my lips will be hydrated and so that I could keep the glossy, glittery theme going.
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup (A KAY FAVE)
- Wet N’Wild Coverall Pressed Powder in 824B Light/Medium (featured here)
- BH Cosmetics Contour & Blush 6 Color Palette (Palette 1) used the brown to contour, used the lightest pink for blush and the tan shade to set them. (A KAY FAVE)
- E.L.F Sunkissed Glow Bronzer in warm tan & sunkissed
- E.L.F Baked Highlighter in Moonlight Pearl & Pink Diamonds
- Ellen Tracy Brow Shadow Palette the light brown shade
- Absolute NY Eye Crayon in Champange
- Max Studio Eyeshadow & Blush Palette the darkest pink shade blush
- Maybelline Big Eyes By Eye Studio the brown shade in the palette 04 Luminous Blue
- Maybelline The Falsies Push-Up Angel Mascara
- Karrueche X Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lipgloss Kaepop in Lychee Me
- Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lipgloss in Nonsense
The more dramatic version is definitely my favorite one! I like playing around with color. Who knew that pink and brown would make such a good combination. STAY TUNED I will be putting up even more makeup looks leading up to LOVE DAY! If you would like to see this look filmed please let me know. I will gladly film it and put it up on my up and coming YouTube channel. Til next time!
Just a little snapchat fun using my favorite version of the look!
Follow me on social media!